13.12.07

should i, or should i not...

clip_image002On August 30th every year since 2005, I'll be celebrating my anniversary working with my current company, Maribumi Sdn Bhd. And each of those years I ponder what will/would be my next appropriate move. I've seen people come and go; some their own willing, some by force, some just 'poof'...gone...for various reasons. So, after 3 years, 3 months and 12 days (at this point of typing... Happy), I guess it's proper for me to move on. I remember a friend of mine told me you should leave your job during the first 2 years, or after the 7th year. Well, mine went that extra mile, so it's high-time lah kan.

But my choice is spoilt between continuing my studies, or to look very hard for a better job.

Initially I thought very seriously about hopping to a new job, a better one, without ever worrying about furthering my studies and such, albeit I did have in my mind about taking professional courses to improve my knowledge and profile. But things got a little out of hand when I didn't get any positive response from the places I applied. Interviews came one after another but all went up in the air. There was one interview in Petronas KLCC which was already so near, but yet it was so far, because according to sources, the post I applied for was put on hold. Not that I am whining about my fate, as I still have my job now, but I still believe in order to progress in my life, I have to move on..

It made me think that before everything gets too late I'd better make a move! So the thoughts of studying came rushing back again. So in addition to applying for new jobs, I also applied to further my studies in Australia, for the next intake in February. I should get the response by this week so it will certainly influence my next course of action.

However, I still need some opinion...so please my fellow blog buddies/readers/visitors, please drop by and give some advice. I'd really appreciate it. It's not that I'm asking to be opinionated, but at least I can weigh up some ideas to what I should do next. Winking 

3 comments:

mArMaLaDe said...

em..kalo ko rasa msh mo study, go on la..but, u have to think bgus2..
it's like, "will i...." or "what if..."

seweng said...

yeah...true...that's what people has been saying.but u know la kan when u have worked for 3 years,byk sdh tu commitment.blum crita pasal bakal bini lagi...hmmmm...

Layne said...

For me kan... if you are tired or no longer satisfied with your current job, there is no point in staying. While waiting for better job offers to come in, go to australia and take a course maybe 1 year or 1 1/2 years course. Sometimes the change of scenery especially after working for few years is mind and soul clearing. While study kan, your mind more clear to think what you really want to do next. If worry pasal commitment kan, ada cara mau solve, BINI dua saja. Either dia ikut, atau stay tapi know in the heart that you guys will make it. Im sure you guys will.

Related Posts with Thumbnails